BXL Range (BXL75 & BXL120)
Safety, Strength and Exceptional Luxury…
The Bloomfields BXL range. Designed and precision engineered not only to have the usual strength and safety you would expect from the Bloomfields Brand, but to bring you exceptional luxury as well. The BXL is the none slide out range of 7.2 – 26T Bloomfields vehicles, offering superior payloads across our HGV range. Functional and practical for all equestrian disciplines, designed & engineered to safely carry your precious cargo.
One of the main factors when designing the BXL range, was payload and strength. Our engineers and R&D team have tested many different materials before releasing our range. We opted for the more state of the art materials in our build, proven to be superior for their strength, weight and longevity. For practicality the BXL range incorporates ample storage space needed for stay away shows, including under floor storage and well lit locker space throughout.
Our livings have been designed for unrivalled quality and durability. Practical yet sleek, available in a range of contemporary or classic finishes – the choices are endless and tailored especially to meet each customers exacting standards. Beautiful fine nappa leather trim as standard, or if you feel a little more adventurous, we have some rather more elaborate textured finishes for the furniture also, along with vegan friendly materials if preferred. Each BXL has sleeping for 4 with the option to add a grooms pod above the shower for an extra 2 people, (standard on 12T upwards) The heated shower room has a large separate shower, toilet and sink unit. A choice of smooth, slate or tile finishes allows for an even more luxurious feel.
The DAF LF is the perfect truck for both operators and drivers. Optimised powertrains result in maximum fuel efficiency. A supremely comfortable interior and improved visibility for the driver offer an unmatched driving experience. Also with its high load capacity and excellent manoeuvrability, the DAF LF sets new standards for horsebox base vehicles. The beautiful and clear instrument panel has new fonts and a new styling for enhanced clarity. The Driver Information Panel provides more information to increase driver comfort and efficiency. To enhance driver performance even further, settings are grouped on the instrument panel more logically and the Driver Performance Assistant offers even more tips for economical driving.
A comfortable driver is a better driver. That’s why the interior is such an important part of the DAF LF. The moment the driver steps into the cab, they enjoy the highest comfort, user-friendliness & safety. The dashboard is both attractive and comprehensively equipped, offering maximum ease of use. All controls are within easy reach and arranged logically by function. The extra-large capacity of the heating and ventilation system means the interior can quickly be brought to the ideal temperature, perfect when drivers get in and out of the cab many times a day.
The LF has an excellent reputation for its industry-leading payload, unmatched manoeuvrability and superb durability, comfort and driver friendliness.
Of course along with the strength and safety of the horsebox, payload is a key factor especially when designing the BXL75. That’s why DAF was a perfect solution to help to reduce payload even before we engineer the body on top.
The DAF offers a wide range of engines. These include the powerful four-cylinder 4.5-litre PACCAR PX-5 and the sixcylinder 6.7-litre PACCAR PX-7. Thanks to new software and optimised heat and air management, maximum torque has been increased and kicks in at lower speed in both engines.
For maximum efficiency, the LF is supplied with a wide selection of manual and automatic gearboxes.
Manual gearboxes are available with 6 or 9 speeds, while automatic gearboxes include 5 or 6-speed Allison transmissions and an 8-speed ZF PowerLine transmission.
High-end exterior design – Great design is a hallmark of DAF. The DAF LF’s superb exterior design gives it a strong and friendly look, making the base vehicle a perfect option for a stylish and sleek look you would expect from any Bloomfields horsebox. Modern angular features allows for extra highlight colours to really bring your spray design to life and maximise the features of the DAF lorry. The all new DAF logo compliments perfectly with the Bloomfields embossed luton to give the unique look expected with Bloomfields.
The DAF LF offers an extremely comfortable driving experience. The front suspension is fully optimised to offer the perfect balance between damping, lateral stability and stiffness. The front axles (from 3.6 to 7.5 tonnes) offer ample capacity to prevent overloading with diminishing loads. And its unsurpassed manoeuvrability is due to the fact that it has the smallest turning circle in this segment. The DAF LF also incorporates innovations that improve bodybuilder friendliness. These include new, ex-factory Body Attachment Module (BAM) programmes that enable fast, easy installation of box bodies. In addition, more combinations of wheelbases and rear overhangs offer extra flexibility. This enables the chassis to be configured in production ready for us to fix our horsebox bodies to.
As you would expect from any Bloomfields Horsebox, the horses comfort and safety in the BXL range is an absolute priority. Choose from our seamless H partitions with branded sniffer boards, or our full height Professional partitions with ceiling to floor head divider perfect for professionals and transporters. Fully padded throughout including head padding the BXL horse area boasts extreme strength and comfort from start to finish. Fitted with multiple fans and skylights, 2 opening windows per stall and LED lighting your horses will be comfortable throughout their journey. The hydraulic ramp makes opening and closing the lorry a doddle. For a little extra comfort, why not upgrade to our sliding partition system, meaning you can use the entire horse area for storage at a show, or safely carry young stock loose.
- DAF LF Automatic chassis inc Air conditioning.
- Fine Nappa leather seating throughout cab & living.
- Tilt cab joining the vehicle cab to body.
- Comfortable large well lit luton sleeping area.
- Easy cut through access from cab to living area.
- Full kitchen units with overhead storage throughout.
- Oven cooker, Full sized fridge, Hob and Sink.
- LED Mood lighting throughout living & shower.
- Padded ceiling, warm white LED lighting effects.
- Extra large opening sky light with blind & fly net.
- Pull out double bed with storage below seating.
- Table lowers to easily make double bed base.
- Full sized shower room inc shower, toilet & vanity unit.
- Choice of living and shower room finishes.
- Large under floor storage spanning the full width.
- Large tack locker for 4 saddles and bridles.
- Vast skirt lockers with lift up doors for easy access.
- H partition system in horse area with nylon floor fixing.
- Bloomfields embossed hinging snifferboards.
- Aluminium planked floor throughout horse area.
- One piece bonded rubber flooring with cover on ramp.
- Roof head padding throughout horse area.
- Large aluminium rug rack in horse area for storage.
- Fully padded partitions throughout.
- Seamless bonded windows with 2 per horse area.
- Large glass sky lights above horses for extra ventilation.
- 2 or more electric roof fans above the horses.
- Hydraulic ramp with manual override.
- Padded rear ramp gates with top and bottom locking.
- 240v Electric hook up plus numerous leisure batteries.
- Roof mounted solar panels to trickle charge batteries.
- Stalled from 2 – 6 horses.
- Luxury double sleeping area in our spacious lined, well lit & ventilated luton over your cab.
- Comfortable ‘U shaped’ seating area with lowering table to convert easily into a double bed.
- Full sized shower room with separate toilet, sink & storage unit.
- Spacious horse area for 2 – 6 horses. Superb ‘H’ Partitions as standard or upgrade to full Professional partition system.
- Large worktop area with hob and separate sink yet still offering a large working space.
- Kitchen space includes an over sized fridge, oven, sink & hob. Plus wine rack, extra storage and top cupboards.
- Lit exterior steps with warning alarm if steps are down whilst moving.
- Movable sniffer boards to easily herringbone the partitions for larger horses or leave them straight for smaller horses and ponies.